What we do?
UFlex Cylinder Business has a State-of-the-art manufacturing facility for producing Rotogravure Cylinders, Flexo Plates & Flexo Printing Sleeves that carry out intaglio printing process, which involves engraving & Transfer of the image onto an image carrier. The image is engraved on Cylinders/ Flexo plates.For manufacturing these printing cylinders we carry out the entire process right from the steel base, copper plating, surface finishing, digital engraving, chrome plating and subsequently to final proof print.
1. Gravure Printing Cylinders
2. Flexo Plates
3. Flexo Printing Sleeves
A) Gravure Printing Cylinders
UFlex Cylinder Business has Production Facilities in India :
- Noida, Uttar Pradesh India
- Jammu, J & K, India
All our Manufacturing Facilities have their respective Departments:
1) In house designing:
In-house “CREATIVE Team…..
We offer one stop solution from Design to Print – traversing the complete life-cycle.
A dedicated team of designers does an exceptionally creative job with immaculate finesse. We create designs for all kinds of Stock Keeping Units (SKUs)
UFlex Digital Pre-press Department uses a specialized packaging and planning software ARTPRO & Pac Zed to meet Gravure & Flexo printing requirements. The software is the last word in techniques like color separation, trapping, bar code generation and pantone. Highly experienced and internationally trained professionals spin their magic on color calibrated monitors for optimum halftone results. Besides this, exclusive soft-wares are deployed for making wall papers, wood grain and texture design cylinders. To get vibrant and rich colors, Hexa-chrome technology is put in use.
The digital file finally gets ready to be engraved on the cylinder. Most importantly, in order to maintain the confidentiality of the job, our State-of-the-art ERP solution makes sure to safeguard all the interests of our esteemed customers.
I) Prepress Features
GMG Color Management…..
- Software helps to create color calibrated prints with engraving to match final printing results.
- Output data of Dot gain / Dot lost is stored as a reference from proofing and printing machines.
- 50% reduction in Test Proofing Activity.
II) Prepress Output on Actual Substrate
- The output on actual packaging substrate helps closest validation of colors for shade approval.
- Time & Cost saving management.
- The output will be at your door step in 24-48 hours.
3) Cylinder Manufacturing Facilities:
I) In-house base shell manufacturing
- Accuracy up to 10 microns/ meter.
- CNC Machines, Inner Bore Making Machine, Cone & Flange making Machine, High Accuracy Grinding machine, Auto Wielding Machine etc.
- This ensures Dynamic Balancing for achieving line speed up to 500 m / min.
- Speed to market: Design to Dispatch – all in 4 working days.
II) Plating line from trusted suppliers
To make sure engraving meets international standards, dynamically balanced base shells with accurate thickness and hardness are passed through high precision imported grinders The base shells then undergo a sophisticated multistage galvanic process on the State-of-the- art fully automated, environment friendly galvanic line from MDC Daetwyler, Switzerland. Here they are de-creased to get rid of dust, oil, dirt or any other foreign particles before undergoing a uniform electroplating of nickel and copper. In chrome plating we can get hardness above 1100 vikers & microcracks 400/cm (Min.).
- Chrome Plating
- Nickel Plating
- hrome Polishing
III) High Precision copper polishing line from trusted suppliers…..
A high precision digitally controlled MDC Daetwyler "Polish master machine" with an accuracy of 10 microns per meter is used to achieve accurate and mirror surface that is required for electronic engraving on the cylinder.
- Electronic Engraving: Mega depth up to 80-100 microns can be engraved.Extreme Head & Transcribe Head Technology for sharper / micro text.
- Laser Engraving: Apart from existing 12 electronic engraving lines, A State-of-the-art Schaper LASER has been added and also latest robotic laser Engraving Line has been installed at our manufacturing site in Noida.
V) Cylinder Proofing
All the manufactured cylinders are proofed to cross check the process parameters and also to validate output synchronization amongst Pre-press, Engraving machine and Printing machine…..so we ensure “whatever we proof , replicates in print…”.
Accucheck proof reader:
The unique proof reading process ensures errorless and efficient, proof checking.The actual proof on substrate is scanned and superimposed on soft file of the approved design. Any deviation can be easily detected by this customized software.
VI) Quality Checks
QC at each and every stage of the process:-
- Proof reading, shade matching as per customer requirement; checking for Delta E and LAB values of colors, Barcode verification & reporting.
- Chemical analysis of plating bath on daily basis.
- Standardized engraving parameters & Cylinder quality analysis.
B) Flexo Plates Production Facilities:
Our Digital Flexoplate processing set up offers significant advantages to advance the quality & productivity of your organization owing to a unique combination of direct digital imaging and CYREL fast thermal processing.
In house design development
Wide Formatted Scanning 4’ X 8’
GMG Color Management System
Large Format 42” X 60”
Faster plate cycle time
Staggered and Bevel Cut Plates by Digital Cutting System
Thermal as well as Solvent Work Flow and Water Washable.
Dedicated Dot Shapes and Screen Angles
Capable of handling variety of plate thicknesses (0.95, 1.14, 1.7, 2.54, 2.84, 3.9, 4.7)
Calibrated contact proofing on actual substrate
Flexo Plate Q.C. Tools
A Unique Flexo Plate Proofing Machine Developed by UFlex
Can provide proof on actual substrate with various Anilox rollers as per client’s requirement.
UFlex is the only Company in India having Proofing Facility for Flexo Plates & Sleeves.
C) Flexo Printing Sleeves:
Using the sleeves technology, the fiber glass sleeves are covered with elastomer or polymer and then the sleeves are directly engraved by using of CO2 or YAG lasers. The finished sleeves are then slid onto the air mandrels of the flexography printing machine. A Lead Laser Sleeve making facility has been introduced to make high precision flexo sleeves at UFlex Jammu plant.
With time we have upgraded and diversified our manufacturing facilities by adding Flexo “Xlarge” Laser of high definition image up to 5080 DPI with flexo proofer. Schepers Laser has also been added to the kitty .This has given UFlex a competitive edge in the area of application for Packaging, Corrugated Printing, Specialized Coating, Embossing, Decorative Laminates, Security Features etc.Digital processing during our rotogravure production enables us to produce a perfect register – a potent combination of electronically engraved, chemically etched embossing cylinders.
A recently installed Robotic Laser Engraving Line from M/s Think Lab, Japan, can produce more than 80 Cylinders per day
To make sure that engraving meets international standards, dynamically balanced base shells with accurate thickness and hardness are passed through high precision imported grinders.
We adopt Stringent Quality Control at each stage of production to ensure world class cylinders. Few of our practices include:
- Period Calibration of Scanner-Monitor-Prepress Digital-Cylinder Proof;
- Checking and improving the H/T images on the colour calibrated monitors to the minutest of detail;
- Dynamic balancing of each cylinder at 500 RPM;
- Blue print for cone and bore's accuracy;
- Proof reading and comparison with the original artwork before engraving cylinders;
- Inkjet proofing of complete cylinder layout through the circumference and width;
- Daily analysis of electroplating baths for Nickel, Copper and Chrome.
- Accurately checking copper hardness of each cylinder.
- Accurately checking chrome hardness of each cylinder.
- Diameter of each cylinder from one end to the other is gauged.
- Roughness of each cylinder is ascertained.
- Cell geometry (Cell width/ Cell wall/ Depth) for each cylinder is checked to ensure correct reproducibility and consistency.
- Meticulous checking and matching of each cylinder proof with the master sample/ artwork-prior to dispatch.Appropriate packing of cylinders is carried out to avoid any damage while in transit.
Research & Development
At UFlex, innovation is an unrelenting process involving in house experts. We commit ourselves to cater to the dynamic demands of our consumers while striving for all round quality, from acquisition of new Technology & Innovative Ideas.
A team of highly efficient people with all technical know-how works on Research & Development.
Recently we have developed the following in Gravure Cylinders:
High Depth Embossing Rollers
Hidden Security Features& Guilloche Pattern
Hidden Security Features& Guilloche Pattern
Micro Text for security
Paper Embossing Roller
GSM Coating Cylinders