Businesses in Action on Environment
As a responsible corporate citizen we at UFlex Chemicals Business have pledged to promote green initiatives in our realm of influence.
Some of the initiatives include:
- Green Products: Uflex Limited – Chemicals Business is committed to develop adhesives and inks with a focus on reduction of environmental footprint in material sourcing, manufacturing and distribution. With more eco-friendly products in market we provide solution to the packaging industries across globe to think more on sustainable packaging. Green products volume sale is increased by 30% and is 32% of total sale in FY 2022-23.
- Water conservation: Both the manufacturing sites is efficiently managing operations with respect to water consumption and the efforts of water conservation is recognized by The Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI) and awarded Noida unit as best in Chemicals and petrochemicals for water efficiency in 2022.
- Water positive status: With higher water efficient process company is also focused to replenish the ground water through rainwater harvesting initiatives. Developed rainwater harvesting capacity of 86579 KL per year. This intervention includes rejuvenation of 3 ponds in Jewar tehsil of Gautam Budh Nagar district Uttar Pradesh.
- Zero Liquid Discharge (ZLD): The Noida unit is a zero discharge site where the wastewater generated from industrial processes and domestic usage is initially treated through effluent treatment plant (ETP) and sewage treatment plant STP and further treated through ZLD plant to recycle 100% of discharge. The recycled water is 25% of total water consumption at site and being utilized as makeup water in utilities.
- Reduction of specific waste generation: Company is committed optimize the process and minimization of waste generation both hazardous and non-hazardous. Waste generated from several processes is disposal through most eco-friendly manner. Promoting circular economy by encouraging disposal of waste to authorised re-user, re-processor and recycler. Achieved 26% reduction in specific waste in last five years.
- Energy Conservation: With continual improvement in energy consumption, specific energy consumption of Chemical business reduced by 23% from the baseline year FY 2016-17. The reduction in energy consumption is accomplished through introduction of new energy efficient technologies and development of less energy intensive products through the R&D.