Uflex is India’s largest flexible packaging company and an emerging global leader. Since inception in 1983, it has turned into a multi- billion company focusing on trust, value creation for customers, innovation to create value added differentiation and customer satisfaction.
Uflex enjoys a global reach with unhindered speed making it truly multinational. Headquartered in Noida (NCR, New Delhi) it has state-of the-art manufacturing facilities in India, UAE, Mexico, Poland, Egypt and USA. Uflex serves as one stop shop flexible packaging solution provider, cutting across varied sectors spanning USA, Canada, South America, UK, Europe, Russia, CIS countries, South Africa and other African countries, Middle East and the South Asian Countries.
The Company has identified Sanand Industrial Area in Gujarat as a new strategic location for its new wave of expansion in packaging. At Sanand, we are in the process of setting up first of its kind Aseptic Packaging plant for packing liquid products.
The plant is being set up with an initial Capex of INR 580 crore (USD 85.55 million). The plant will be environment friendly with zero discharge. The capacity of Aseptic Liquid Packaging plant will be 7 Billion Paks and will be commissioned by October 2016. The proposed plant will be equipped with latest machines from world class suppliers to make world class Aseptic packs.
About Aseptic Packaging: Aseptic packaging is a means of ensuring that food remains sterile and free from bacteria and other harmful microorganisms for a period of 8 months under room temperature. The specialty of this packaging material is that the product packed in this packaging need not to be kept in refrigerators.
Market: Aseptic Packaging market in India is majorly classified into 3 segments i.e. Juice, Dairy Segment and Liquor segment. The Packaging of Flavored Milk, Dairy products and Liquor etc in Aseptic packaging material will play a key role in propelling the growth of aseptic packaging in the coming years both in India and globally.
Technical background: Aseptic packages are made by combining Poly ethylene with paperboard and aluminum foil. The multi-layered construction enables the carton to protect the contents from various factors responsible for spoilage.
– The aluminum foil layer is a strong barrier for O2 and light.
– The inner plastic layer made of polyethylene makes it possible to seal through the liquid.
– The paper layer provides stiffness, making it possible for the cartons assume a brick shape, thus enabling maximum utilization of available storage and transportation space.
Process: Printing, creasing and punching of Paper Board is done on the printing machine. This is followed by the lamination of Paper board on the extrusion machine with Aluminum film and a different type of Polyethylene.
The rolls from the Lamination machine are converted to rolls of smaller width as per the required size of package i.e. 200 ml, 100 ml, 1000 ml etc.
The finished rolls are sent to the customer where these rolls are run on the filling line and the desired product (juice, milk, liquor) are filled into the packages.
The USP of Uflex
– The only integrated flexible packaging company with capabilities to manufacture end to end solutions including Polyester chips; BOPP, BOPET, CPP & Metalized films; Flexible Packaging Laminates (roll form), Pre-fabricated Pouches, Flexi-Tubes & Big Bags; Flexible Packaging Converting Machines & Packaging Machines; Printing Cylinders, Flexo Polymer Plates, Elastomers & Sleeves; Anti-counterfeiting & Brand Protection Solutions to prevent look alikes to erode our customers’ brand equity; Chemicals (Inks & Adhesives, coatings and polyols)
– Established presence in flexible packaging market (globally) with a strong customer base.
– Very strong engineering team with superior capabilities of research and innovation to create value added differentiation.
– First local supplier in India other than Tetra Pak
(This article was originally published in Packaging Europe)