CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY PHILOSOPHY
Uflex’s philosophy has been to attain operational excellence and being socio-environmentally responsive at the same time. Uflex has been giving impetus to CSR activities much prior to it becoming mandatory w.e.f. April, 2014 through the enactment of law by the Central Government.
Uflex around five years ago had realized that the businesses in the long term cannot grow without sustainable growth of the society. The basic rational is that every citizen of the country either individual or Corporate House draws various benefits from the society; therefore it in turn becomes their coextensive responsibility to return to society for the sustenance of economic development and growth which as a responsibility is generally entrusted upon the Government.
Being mindful of its responsibility towards the society, Uflex over the past several years has been engaged in supporting CSR projects in the field of SPORTS for the children from the vulnerable sections of society irrespective of caste, creed, religion, social status, ethnicity, gender, geographies etc.
Uflex remains committed to support many such projects to provide training for promoting rural; nationally recognized; paralympic and Olympic Sports in future too.
Coverage in the 7th Edition of LIVEWEEK CSR GOOD BOOK
Sports for Growth - Video
PARTNERSHIP WITH STAIRS for sports for growth
Uflex is a socially conscious corporate entity. To strengthen its CSR activities with an aim towards the larger welfare of the society, Uflex has associated with STAIRS, a registered NGO that works for underprivileged children primarily in three sectors; imbibing life skills in these children through the medium of sports, imparting education to them and providing them basic healthcare facilities.
STAIRS has been organising sports championships and tournaments for the not so privileged children for several years now.
These tournaments are aimed at providing a platform for these children in order to showcase & hone their skills and constructively channelize their energy. Camps are organised and talented children therein are selected who are subsequently imparted with coaching, sports scholarships and sports gear.
STAIRS has been organising sports championships and tournaments for the not so privileged children for several years now. These tournaments are aimed at providing a platform for these children in order to showcase & hone their skills and constructively channelize their energy.
Camps are organised and talented children therein are selected who are subsequently imparted with coaching, sports scholarships and sports gear.
Uflex supports various Sports promotion programmes through its partnership with STAIRS:
- Uflex Khelo Dilli :- A sports initiative for under privileged youth of Delhi to identify and acknowledge their hidden talent and provide them a platform to exhibit the same.
- Cricket Scholarship :- A scholarship program organising free cricket camps for young children and referring them to accredited cricket clubs. Further supporting their training and participation costs in the tournaments.
- Cricket Championship :- Annual inter-state charitable cricket tournament for under privileged children.
- Khelo Himachal (Adoption of 4 STAIRS sports promotion centres) and support Sombhadra Khel Mahotsava:- Replicating the success of Khelo Dilli intervention. Scaling up the existing programme to cater to over ten villages
- Khelo Haryana (Adoption of 4 centres):- Promoting all sports at grassroots level (throughout the rural belt).
- Khelo Uttar Pradesh and Stairs4Abilty:- Supporting India's first cricket training academy for the differently-abled.
Besides the above, Uflex in April 2015 has pledged support to STAIRS School Football League (SSFL) for a period of five years.SSFL is a platform for scouting football talent at the grassroots level right from early adolescence in an endeavour to create Indian Football Champions for tomorrow.
All these initiatives also help in preventing drug and substance abuse among the youth and empower them.